D23 Hare Scrambles Classes
AA consists of the top 10 overall A riders from the previous season and any National AA/Pro riders competing in D23 events.
Other classes as follows:
- 0-200 A, B, C
- 201-250 A, B, C
- Open A, B, C 251 cc and over
- Vet 30+ A, B, C
- Senior 40+ A, B, C
- Super Senior 50+ A, B, C
- Masters 60+
- Micro 4-8, oil injected 50 cc 2 stroke or 4 stroke automatic (with max wheel diameter of 10 inches)
- Macro 4-8, 50 cc 2-stroke Premix chain, 80 cc 4stroke. DS 80, PW 80, XR 80 (not all inclusive)
- Peewee 7-11, 0-65 cc 2-stroke; 9-11 PW 80, DS 80, 80cc 4-stroke; (not all inclusive)
- Premier 7-15, 0-85 cc 2-strokes, Big wheel 85/112, up to 150 cc 4-stroke. Rider must be at least 12 years old to ride a motorcycle 86 cc or larger 2-stroke and 150 cc 4-stroke. (not all inclusive)
- Junior 11-15, 80-200 cc 2-stroke, 80-230 4-stroke (starts with C class)
- Girls 9-15, 52-112 cc 2-stroke, 52-150 4-stroke. Rider must be at least 12 years old to ride a motorcycle 86 cc or larger 2-stroke and 150 cc 4-stroke. (Also eligible for women’s class)
Current rules and class structures can be found in the AMA and D23 rulebooks.
Changes to the 2013 rulebook were voted on at the ARMCA annual meeting November 10, 2012 and include the following:
- Premier 7-15, 0-85 cc 2-strokes, Big Wheel 85/112, up to 150 cc 4-stroke. Rider must be at least 12 years old to ride a motorcycle 86 cc or larger 2-stroke and 150 cc 4-stroke.
- Girls 9-15 52-112 cc 2-stroke/52-150 cc 4-stroke rider must be at least 12 years old to ride 86 cc or larger 2-stroke and 150 cc 4-stroke.
- If you are a District Board member who has attended at least six meetings by the October meeting does not need to work an off-road event to be eligible for year end off-road awards. The October meeting can count as one of the six. The District will give the off-road representatives and/or the off-road score keeper the list of Board members who have satisfied the six meeting minimum within a week of the October meeting.
- Hare Scrambles riders are required to choose riding numbers according to the following schedule:
- Numbers 1-10 will be reserved for the top 10 overall finishers from the previous year. These riders may select their earned numbers.
- A, B, C, and Youth class riders will be assigned numbers 11-1999.
- Riding numbers from the previous year will be held until March 1st of the following year.
- Suggestive but not required background and number colors are as follows:
- A class, white numbers on red background
- B class, white numbers on blue background
- C class, white numbers on green background
- Youth class, white numbers on green background
- Hare Scrambles rider advancement is per the AMA as of 2013
AMA District 23 representatives:
Any further questions should be directed to the D23 class representative.
Paul Otto 763-229-1177
Jessica Noaeill 651-587-4435
Ralph Feld 320-685-7879
Jonathan Banks 612-221-9487
James Artmann 763-656-3866
Bayley Boehlke 612-616-9053